1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Isn't DanMachi literally SAO : Big Tits Edition? Also the damn boob string how did that even get popular.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Nah DanMachi is way better than SAO, sadly the DanMachi anime version was a bit rushed, if you read manga, I recommend you read the DanMachi manga

3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Hmm, I might give the manga a try then, though it still doesn't sound that compelling. I am also still reading TWGoK manga after having finished the anime recently, this arc is pretty different and interesting.

On another note, some of you guys must be watching Jun Maeda's new anime Charlotte and holy crap what the actual fuck was episode 9, so many things revealed in half an episode, bruh; it's getting pretty good now.

Also about 8 episodes in Spice and Wolf, shit is really good, love the character interaction between Holo and Lawrence, it also has a pretty unique setting; for a RomCom that is, Holo kinda reminds me a bit of Senjougahara with the way she teases Lawrence, similarly how Senjou was always teasing Araragi. Actually, I should probably start watching Nisemonogatari soon...

4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Charlotte episode 9 was so confusing. Has me questioning what will happen in episode 10. The monogatari series is really good though.

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I'm glad this happened in Charlotte, it was a bit mediocre if it went on like it did, it didn't really have something new/unique.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sorry but it's much much better to read DanMachi's light novel than the manga. I've read both.

I'd suggest reading through the manga for some pictures after going through the LN, but the LN is actually good so you'll be missing some good content if you read only the manga or watch only the anime.

Overlord is almost certainly the same deal, the light novel is good, reading the manga/watching the anime first/instead is like shooting yourself in the foot.

A few other light novels with the same exact situation: Douluo Dalu, Zhan Long, Mushoku Tensei, Konjiki no Word Master, Rising of the Shield Hero, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Slime Datta Ken.

One of the few times I'd say the manga is better are in cases like Re:Monster, you lose a bit of content but honestly not a large amount and the graphics are great.

Oh it should also be noted that all of those I listed don't have official translations, just fan translations of their WN/LNs. You may notice somewhat of a discrepancy between the WN and the Manga/Anime because there are usually a few changes for consistency sake when going from a WN to LN.

Now if you absolutely hate reading and just want the manga, whatever then. :P

Oh and to give an idea of how rushed the anime did things... The anime's first season had about 4 VOLUMES of DanMachi WN~

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  7. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Definitely, it was only a matter of time before Jun Maeda did something crazy, now we need to wait for the true feels...

8. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Been watching 'Rokka no Yuusha' and 'The Tower of Druaga' series recently. Thoroughly enjoying both of them!

9. Mazey

have u tried shokugeki no soma? it's airing too

10. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Stuff

Also, I've totes been keeping up-to-date with Food Wars Mozey

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
    Kazaco97 likes this.
  11. Mazey

:rekt::rekt::rekt::rekt:

You could google something for torrents for high quality or crunchyroll or google another site for streaming

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  12. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Thanks a lot man, I've been looking for a decent anime site which uses a html5 player (I watch anime on my Wii U) and is in HD. Sucks that KissAnime is having problems right now lol

SirDangalang likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

Please keep links of where to watch to PMs. I hate to be that guy, but anime sites like that are at BEST in a gray area, usually it's straight out illegal.

CR is legal because of the way they handle it, but it's usually frowned upon in the anime sub watching community for some of their practices, that said, it's still quite legal and I have no interest in restricting anyone's ability to say anything more than is necessary to not get the website in trouble. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Kissanime down for almost a month estimated is killer. Most of the other websites have half of what I'm watching atm, and they're either 4 different 360P videos or one with 8 advertisements a page and subscriptions needed.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

You tried REDACTED yet? Has one advertisement for 30 seconds before you start each episode, and nothing else (and if you have adblock installed you don't even get the ad, just the 30-second wait). Quality is also pretty good, too. You do need to create an account on the site, but it's entirely free and quite easy to do so. Would highly recommend.

16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

The site that Mazey recommend called REDACTED works pretty well for me, it definitely doesn't have everything (GunBuster for example) but most videos are HD and if then only has a 30 seconds ad at the beginning of the video.

17. Mazey

@Yagger @Nighthawk @Hawxx (maybe yagger not really but still)

18. BlueLuigi

I'll let the words to Kiss stay since it's dead anyway, but please don't link or specifically name websites that do illegal things like host anime without express consent from the creator/publisher.

I don't care if you do this in PM, but done publically like this I'm sure can be picked up by spiders, and potentially cause issues for the forums, so if I see it it'll be removed. Given 2 warnings of such in this thread so far, if I see it again here I might just start with warnings.

If you want to make a Conversation about it, please do, but just, you know, don't post it directly in here. If it's not me who cleans these links, chances are it'd be a warning instead so :P

19. Lawrence_Shagsworth

And here I was thinking that there was a new site for anime called REDACTED. One can only hope ;-;

NinjaCell and BlueLuigi like this.
  20. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

My bad, didn't think enough to realize it might be an issue. I'll be more careful in the future.

Mods: BlueLuigi