1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Oreo Cheesecake - Random recipe and stuff.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SJD360, Aug 29, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Right, first of all I'd like to apologize for the crappy quality of the pictures that I've taken. Secondly, I've compiled this guide and a method of some sorts as per requested by @MadRaccoon. I'm not the best cook, but this is the best I could've done since I had around 12 people in the house, none of which I'm related to.

I will add a final picture in a few hours once the Cheesecake has set, but unfortunately none of you will be able to taste it's gloriousness, though after this you might be able to make it yourself.

INGREDIENTS:

600g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    1 tbsp. Vanilla Essence
    130g Caster Sugar
    2 Packets of Oreos
    700ml Double Cream
    200g Milk Cooking Chocolate

EQUIPMENT:

Circular Springform Tin (Sorry, couldn't find out the size of the one I was using)
    Electric Whisk
    Lotsa Spoons
    Lotsa Bowls

TIME:

30-45 min prep time.

3.5 to 4 hours freezing time.

15 minutes to defrost when you take it out of the freezer.

METHOD (WITH PICTURES!):

IMG_0150.JPG
    Righto, this is all the ingredients you'll need, I think. Sometimes, depending on how big you make the cheesecake, and where ever you get your ingredients from, it can be a bit costly; still definately worth it though, it's very rich once it's completed.

IMG_0152.JPG
    Place a number of the Oreos in the base of the tin, we're making this upside down, seeing as we're freezing it for a number of hours, but when we take the Cheesecake out of the tin it'll be upright. Be wary that once you place all of the cheesecake mixture ontop of these Oreos the pattern can distort.

IMG_0153.JPG
    Smash that cooking chocolate up infront of it's family, make them watch. Rekt.

IMG_0155.JPG
    Melt their remains in a glass bowl above a saucepan of boiling water, make sure not to burn it.

IMG_0162.JPG Put the Cream Cheese, Vanilla Essence and the sugar into a large bowl and beat it together until well mixed.

IMG_0164.JPG
    Like so.

IMG_0161.JPG
    Chocolate should be somewhat melted at this point, make sure it doesn't burn or mess up in any way, else that's a portion of the Cheesecake buggered up. :v

IMG_0165.JPG
    Pour the Double Cream into a jug, or any form of container you can easily whisk it in without making mess, which I accidentally did, I got splattered by cream... still got it everywhere.

IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    Continue whisking until it reaches a thick consistency, don't overdo it though.

IMG_0168.JPG IMG_0169.JPG
    Pour whipped cream from the jug and into the bowl then proceed to mix all of it together.

IMG_0172.JPG IMG_0170.JPG

Smash up the remaining Oreos in any method you can, whether it's blending them, crushing them with a rolling pin or simply beating them senselessly with your own fists, make sure your hands are clean though. They say a fist bump is more hygienic than a handshake, but whos to say you can't get shit on your fist.
    IMG_0173.JPG
    Separate 1/3 of the total mix and place it back into the jug, we'll need that in a minute. The best method is to just guess how much you've taken out.

IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0176.JPG
    Mix the melted chocolate with the 1/3 Cheesecake mix you took out in another bowl carefully until it looks like that ^.

IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0179.JPG
    Put the white Cheesecake mix ontop of the Oreos and press firmly to get it in all the gaps, then proceed to spread it out evenly and smoothly.

IMG_0180.JPG
    Spread out the crumbled Oreos evenly over the Cheesecake mix, make that shit look beautiful.

IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0182.JPG
    And finally, spread the melted chocolate Cheesecake mixture onto the top, and that's it!

IMG_0184.JPG
    Place the Cheesecake in the freezer for 4 hours. Now all that's left to do is to clean stuff up and play games whilst you wait.

I'll be posting the final picture of the finished result in a few hours when it's set. Note that this Cheesecake is very rich, and once you have it on the plate ready to eat, have it with nothing else, because nothing is good enough for this glorious cheesecake... okay you can have Cream with it, I'm not judging.

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

10/10 i'l be making this soon

3. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG

Uhhh... plate is a little bit too small.

Attached Files:

joshua12131415 and NinjaCell like this.
  4. Vamist

It looks so nice, how does it taste ;o

5. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Like chocolate rainbows :eek:.

6. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

What Coon said. :P
    Except with Oreos.

7. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

This looks lovely! I'd love to try making this! Also, MURICA!

8. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Uhh? I'm British, not American. :v

9. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

I wasnt saying that YOU were very american, but the recipe was

10. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I could put some Union Jacks on the Cheesecake if it helps.

11. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

"If its not to taste, it doesnt worth the waste" -Coon

12. Vamist

The godess has spoken

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

That is majestical

14. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Hopefully I'll be able to construct the exact same thing when I go to Portugal.

15. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

My mouth is watering right now...

16. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

What would you lot like me to make a guide for next? I might make this a mini-series. :>

17. Vamist

make a galen special .3. full of yellow hair (banana) .3.

18. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

A double Oreo Cheesecake

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not going to change anything because it's not a huge deal, but for posts like this I would heavily suggest spoilers when using that many large images.

That looks tasty. :P

20. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Hmmm, go on. :>
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2015 ---
    But that means people have to click to see it, why would you torture your fellow subjects? D:

Mods: BlueLuigi