1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog [KAG] Build 1591 - Maps and Bombs!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 28, 2015.

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

if there is a way to actually fix the trapblocks, that were made to deactive when pressed, im all for it.

if the problem is mobility the wallrun trick accomplishes the same goal
    [​IMG]

2. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

In-game tutorial teaching building basics anyone?

Blue_Tiger and EhRa like this.
  3. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

team platforms when?????

PUNK123 and SlayerSean like this.
  4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Y u do dis bombnerf . n .
    Why knights are always getting nerfed in last year updates mmph

5. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

RA let's be fair, that's not Geti's fault (or any dev's) the one to be blamed here is us, the community for giving false incomplete feedback when the "new" trapblock was first tested on a server.
    I remember it was there for a long time, and I believe it was there for a reason, which was to avoid this current mess and fix it before it gets published in case if any issues were detected.
    Maybe we need to blame ourselves for once and start thinking in a mature way to avoid further similar problems.

Blue_Tiger, FuzzyBlueBaron and kedram like this.
  6. PUNK123

he polled people on the thread and they were in favor of it. They are the community so therefore it is the community's fault. Stop being baide ra and be happy with a good build

7. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

@blackjoker77777 "giving false incomplete feedback is community's fault" - I agree with you but with one exception - not all people are testers, so it's the fault only of those who have access to the test server or whatever it is. The devs should be sure that everything that they are going to add work as they expected. It's also devs' job to take care of tester group. If people there don't care or are not willing to test and play test builds properly for several minutes to see how new things works, they should not be testers.
    I really would like to know how many people and how long they played on 1537 test build.
    Also @PUNK123 - Yes, it is a good build but kinda small don't you think? There are much more important things on which people wait for several months. Pickup priority is one of the best examples.

And btw. I know you don't care much about steam forum, so I would like to ask you Devs here, what's up with this:
    steam.png
    Posted on November 6, 2013, almost 500 replies. Isn't it time to close this thread and tell people that nothing will be added or maybe finally add some of the suggested things?

Darknighte9 likes this.
  8. PUNK123

mm's testing ground had the trapblocks on them(and geti announced that people could test it) so stop whining just because you were oblivious to what was happening at that time

EhRa likes this.
  9. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

everyone was able to join the server, but apparently they did not even try.
    Devs aren't able to discover every bug in a new tile that was recently made so they need some players help to find out if anything is wrong.
    you know that they made that server to let everyone test it, probably to get more feedback and be sure that everyone is happy with the new trapblock mechanic.
    that was the main issue, no one was courageous enough to try a new thing ... besides I want to remind you of a tiny thing... some players were not able to recognize that server since they're already used to see vanilla servers Grey while "non-vanilla"/"modded" servers Blue [consider using Filters] (so some of them expected that that server isn't more than a normal server).
    Well I played in it, and it was mostly dead. I wasn't able to notice that issue in that trapblock (of nearly teammates causing you to fall) because I wasn't able to get a one teammate... it was most of the time either a 1v1 or a 1v0 , so who do you think should be blamed for this? the lack of players number was the cause of most of those false feedbacks. that's why I will not blame devs of anything that happened because it's really clear that community didn't do it's job.
    (was it that hard to anyone to sacrifice 10 mins to try a new thing? and help devs make it much better and more stable?).
    "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh
    I do agree with this honestly.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  10. PUNK123

Honestly i want them to do more, but i dont expect anything from them beyond this point. They made it clear theyre focusing on trenchrun and anything we get kag side will just be extra. It is what it is, i do not have to like it, but i accept it

11. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Good to know. Since there is was a subforum for THD tester applications, I did not even thought about that there's a server where everyone can test upcoming changes. Probably I am not the only one. I saw this server several times but didn't know this is where you test it. How the f:anger:k community can do something if it's not informed about such important things? Probably 80% of the players don't even know who's MM.
    I am on the forums everyday and did not see a single note about public testing. Something like "Hey guys, we're testing upcoming changes on XXX server, please join and report bugs/suggestions on the forum" would be greatly appreciated.
    Shitty testers (no offense), no testers or people not informed -> things not tested properly -> devs not aware of bugs > buggy shit added - I got that, m8. This is why "testing group" / testers are something very important and something they should take care of.

12. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

It was in the "trapblock discussion thread" I believe, which was reasonably active. A post in "announcements" may have been nice in addition, but geti did inform us in the thread where the discussion was being held.

13. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

@Geti can you tell us how much the bomb blast radius has been decreased?
    Knowing it was that one? right ?
    3.5/7.5 tiles.

[​IMG]

14. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

FuzzyBlueBaron and Snake19 like this.
  15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Listen, it's great that you have such strong feelings about the game but
    • There was 6 pages of discussion about this in an announcement thread, a testing server put up publicly, and multiple big discussion threads about the trap blocks. There are people for and against the changes (and reversion) still.
    • As many people including yourself have noted - thorough testing is great and definitely the ideal, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume you'd prefer to see more than 2 builds per year.
      The number of hours that need to be put in to actually testing every case of interaction with every item, and the number of testers we'd need to be managing (not just "have", but actively coordinate) to get a solid day of 10v10 play in across multiple modes is just intractible for a game as "late in life" as KAG.
    • Experimental changes happen. Honestly, the current trap blocks are crap. You can say "people are bad, not the blocks" but I'm sorry, a lot of bad players play, and will continue to play this game. Limiting the damage they can cause to a team is still something I consider valuable. Unfortuately the bugs in the "oldnew trap blocks" (which I do not have time to fix) outweighed the benefit.
    Re: steam forums - you're right, we don't care much for them. There's pressure to add achievements, we might, we might not. Like the S+I forum here, which has been 99% unused since the 300 days, it's better that people have a centralised dumping ground, keeps the rest of the forums (here and there) from becoming the same cesspit of ADD ACHIEVEMENTS ADD TRADING CARDS ADD WIZARDS ADD LEVELLING UP AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE HAVE MORE HEADS.

16. PUNK123

So they werent fixed? K, then leave them alone and dont guilt trip us about builders needing to be creative. It is what it is, i do not expect much from the future builds but id prefer you dont add more broken crap without testing(id much rather you do nothing). Also will ballistas ever be fixed or?

17. so it's build 1591 already and still no wizard as a selectable classs? ehhh

Blue_Tiger, Geti and PUNK123 like this.
  18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not sure where here I said builders need to be creative? More saying I'd rather have idiot proof blocks than the current enemy doors.

Probably not, but who can say anything for certain.

19. PUNK123

refering to this: "
    • Trap block changes reversed
      While I still personally think that (with bugfixes to stop falling through when you weren't pressing anything) the current trap blocks are much more team friendly, the number of complaints we've received is enough for a revert to be the simplest option at the moment.
      A real discussion about this needs to take place though and some solution to the issues with trap blocks found; at this point I'd rather remove them forever than leave them as they were for very long.
      Note: A few of you might find "trap sharking" fun, the rest of us don't. A few of you might think the idea of punishing that "really creative" builder for building a trap is worthwhile, but I'd encourage you to keep that in competitive; the majority of the game is played in the public, fairly casual sphere. "Press E to open" is not going to happen either. I welcome your feedback on where you think our efforts would be best directed."

you posted here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/next-build-changes-most-likely-1570something.24043/

20. Geti

There "really creative" is in scare-quotes to effect sarcasm about johny's building prowess. Not entirely sure how that wasn't clear.