1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Authentification Failed

Discussion in 'Help' started by Employee427, Jun 6, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Employee427

Employee427 Catapult Fodder

I was super excited to play this game when I bought it (I heard it was like an RPG Terraria) but when I start the game I get flooded with windows: "Failed to read news today" "Could not create THB account" "Could not connect to Authentication server" "Authentication failed", and I cannot proceed into the game. I already tried reinstalling and it did not do anything.

2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

It's Steam's problem, not KAG's. These problems usually fix themselves, just wait for few hours. If you're impatient, you can install the non-steam version of it.

SirDangalang likes this.
  3. Employee427

It has been this way for the month since I bought it

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Are you able to play the game without steam? When you first purchased it, did you attempt to link the account with steam?

5. Employee427

Havent tried, yes

6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No worries - as a stop fix, you SHOULD be able to play the game in standalone mode, that means, without steam and it will not track your hours. You simply need to activate your full account (if it's not activated).

Failing that, you can msg the support guys (furai here on the forums) @

support@kag2d.com

That way you can at least play and get your monies worth for this fantastic game!

7. Employee427

How do I get the stand alone without buying it again.

8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

9. kaizokuroof

You just launch it from the directory and not via the Play button in steam.

It is found in (from the top of my head) /Steam/steamapps/common/KingArthursGold/

Then you just run the .exe or run.bat file.

10. Employee427

Ty for all your invaluable help!

11. kaizokuroof

You're welcome pal, let me know if you're still having problems. Happy kagging!!!

12. Employee427

STILL AUTHENTIFICATION FAILED

Even with no steam link! ;(

13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

download the standalone from the website

14. Employee427

The standalone version crashes the second it is unzipped T_T

15. kaizokuroof

You could try deleting your autoconfig.cfg from /Steam/steamapps/common/KAG/ and your version.txt from /KAG/App/ then launch the game again from the KAG directory to see if that resolves your issue.

Also try re-downloading the client from the website and unzipping that one instead. Failing these two options, I really suggest emailing support - perhaps there was an issue when your account was being activated the first time?

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  16. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Authentication failing again, it was taking a long time since last update but now it just won't log me in at all.
    This happened after both my servers crashing from the API bug again, btw.

17. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Now I'm having the same problem. Sopranos' both servers were crashing and then the server list just didn't load at all. Now it won't let me log in, Authenticates forever

18. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

There are some physical server problems with the api. Furai-kun is working on them as we speak.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey