1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Don't fucking auto vote yes when people vote to kick please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The-Cub, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Yeah, I guess. But those types of things still happen on the same team, woops.

2. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

Except if someone is that much of an asshole, they can easily switch teams and vote to kick you.

Dargona1018 and The-Cub like this.
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

D-did you just say whatI think you said? You actually think Geti is so terrible at developing games that he wouldn't code in protections so he can't be banned on any server? Not only that, you think there are enough players on any server who wouldn't recognize his name and say "Yeh sure, I'll just kick this totally-random-and-not-a-dev guy, sure!"?

giggiggiggiggig likes this.
  4. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Are you bad

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Devs (and guards) can get banned, though the default seclevs give us kick immunity (but not vote immunity, humourously). Reasoning behind that is that server owners should be able to decide who they want on their servers (same idea behind ban flags).

Re: voting in general - its always a double-edged sword. A better solution is good, constant moderation; unfortunately that's not always an option so the game falls back to democracy.

Fernegulus likes this.
  6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Geti is a hacker. Initiating vote kick.

All in favor post: :kamina:

:kamina:

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

>Duplolas trying to be funny
    [​IMG]

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey now, be nice.

@Lee_Shioon has managed to convince people that purple means confirmed hacker from time to time.

9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Geti's forum name is purple. It is just further proof. Geti is just trying to slander the good name of Lee Shioon.

DatNobby and Geti like this.
  10. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

reasons would help. alot

11. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

I wish I could remember how retarded the tower was that I was complaining about ::D:

It must have been awful!

edit: though to be more on topic I actually experience the opposite problem. I make it clear to players that someone is griefing or even AFK (something everyone should be able to notice on their own) and when I vote these players don't get kicked putting my team at a disadvantage. the problem goes both ways and I wish that in the games that mods are present they would actually do their job. I often see mods cancel votes on team-killers or griefers just because they can

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Blue_Tiger likes this.
  12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I agree with both those that say everyone votes, and the ones that say no one does.

I mean, hell, I was in a match the other day with 2 AFK, and it was already unbalanced to 7v9. . .and there was a baide by the name of makmoud also. So, yea, we were 5v9. Had to throw the vote up four times before the first guy got kicked. . . .and then another 3 for the other person.....

But anyway, I see that incorrect kicking is much less frequent. From what I had heard, OP, you say that you don't do things that you do (like spamming, abusing votekicks (which you have admitted to over 2 times in the past)), so they might just be kicking you for the sake of kicking you.

Sure, there are the couple of douche-bags that kick for the sake of kicking (like I saw someone that tried kicking someone for griefing, even though this one person was on the front-lines, winning the whole fucking game), but there are less and less these days. And I always do Abstain if I didn't personally see the person, unless someone in chat exclaiming "griffer!" or "hax0rz!1!".

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I-is that the same makmoud we all know and love or...?

makmoud98 and Fernegulus like this.
  14. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Vote kicking has always been a rough around the edges and probs will always... Devs did try to fix this but.... Still got it tho... If only people pressed abstain instead....

I think admins should get the choice to cancel, this will stop a lot of vote kicks that are not needed and also gives the admins a chance to ban for longer then the vote kicks do.

15. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

They do have a chance to cancel it. Most good admins do. They cancel it and go onto Spectator, if they can.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  16. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've only once had the option to cancel and that was on the Black Death servers... I'm admin on a far bit of servers too.

17. Geti

It requires a specific seclev which was added to default seclevs when the cancel feature was added - I'd bet a lot of servers still run out of date seclevs though, and there's nothing we can do about patching that.

18. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

>YOU CANT CANCEL VOTES ON OFFICIAL SERVERS AS OFFICIAL ADMINS

t-thanks g-g-gatu

19. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Last kings server do in fact have the seclev. i think i was being lazy or something and didnt feel like admining

20. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Use dots correctly, in correct amounts. Don't put spaces between them, but do put spaces between the last dot and the next word. Please.

Now to topic, I'm extremely sorry you had to throw up four times, however makmoud98 is a well respected by many member of the community, by many of us loved and cared for. We will stand behind him, as a wall to give him support. You shall not win.

Blue_Tiger, Klokinator and makmoud98 like this.