1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ballista Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Apr 19, 2014.

?

Like the idea?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

With the current update, when ballistas are upgraded to Bomb Ballistas, they use 3 ammo per shot instead of the normal 1 per shot.

I am perfectly fine with Ballista Bomb Bolts being spammed less, however, I don't like that the upgrade can't be reverted.

Once you upgrade, you are forced to use bolts at 3 times the rate. So, why not make bomb bolts a specialty ammo like boulders that you first have to unlock?

Keep the normal 60 mined gold to unlock and then put the price of normal bolts on it, but reduce the amount of bolts by the current ratio.

You can then switch between bolts and allow for more versatility.

Thoughts?

101i likes this.
  2. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

i just don't see why you'd ever want to use normal ballista bolts.

emasame likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is how it was meant to be made, originally.
    It wasn't made this way because MM's tangly vehicle code didn't (and still doesn't) allow for it, and I'm not particularly interested in adding hacks to it or potentially breaking compatibility with any mods that use it.

4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Ah ok. No biggie then.

Any chance after you buy the bomb bolt upgrade that it displays the correct amount rather than going down by 3s? Meaning that it auto-calculates it and then displays the correct number for the user.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 22, 2014 ---
    Also, normal bolts can be used like arrow ladders, except they don't break after 1 time climbing on them. They also provide a larger platform for people to climb. You can even climb them on the ground.

They also do just as much damage as a bomb bolt, you just have to be more accurate.

5. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Ugh. Im suprised how people don't cry about this nerf. Imo they damn should. I agree about that balista bomb ammo spam was lil op but way you "fixed" it, is just terrible. I mean, i get 200 wood and 60 gold for workshop, then another 60 for upgrading bolts, then 150 coins for buying actual ballista and then FINALLY i can shot 4 bolts (?) Of course i can buy another bolts! Well, 4 bolts... for 30 coins.
    I understood "nerf ballista op" and all, but that's the siege role right? Wreck all. And it would be more sensible if there wouldnt be any good way to destroy ballista. We have bomb arrows right? I think you buffed their dmg vs siege for a reason.
    Now ballista is much underpowered thing for that amount of gold nas coins. Especially when you can destroy it for 2/3 of it's price.
    In my opinion lowering fire rate of ballista would do the job. And making maps that doesnt have over 120 gold in building zone would help.

@Geti Please read that.

6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Or rather decrease the ratio of bolts being used for bomb arrows from 3 to 2.

That would work just as well.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You can destroy it for 0% of its price with stock class weaponry. The ballista still rips holes in anything, it just doesn't get to do it for 30 straight seconds at a time without a significant coin investment. I'll consider decreasing the ammo consumption to 2 in a bit. Fire rate has already been reduced.

Duplolas likes this.
  8. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Not really. Imo you should choose 2/3 bolts per shoot OR fire rate nerf. Now people cant shoot ballista accurately coz of changed fire rate and they shoot like 3/4 bolts in ground. And with that small amount of bolts it's just useless for common players.
    Now it's much better to buy catapult even if it would cost 150 coins like ballista, and when it cost 80 only, I guess noone will buy ballstae.
    Or make bolt's cost more wood less coins?

9. Ifeedonfrenzy

Ifeedonfrenzy Catapult Fodder

What if it really would take a two person team to fire it instead? One to load a bolt at a time, the other to fire?

franek123 likes this.
  10. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

If teamwork was something that actually existed, yeah, sure.

11. Ifeedonfrenzy

Ifeedonfrenzy Catapult Fodder

Damn. That's so true. Shared points for kills? Nah screw it. Damn kids and their rap music with the "hipping and the hopping."

Geti likes this.
Mods: Rainbows