1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Can't configure server

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Zappierchris, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

Hi, I'm trying to edit the settings on my KAG-Beta server, but i've got no autoconfig.cfg in any of my files to edit.

I've tried copying the autoconfig.cfg from the Linux Dedicated Server software into my KAG-Beta folder, but the server doesn't change if I change any of the options.

This is my dedicatedserver.bat

Code:
    echo "TO SET IP/PORT/SLOTS/PASSWORD ADD THESE COMMAND PARAMS: ip 127.0.0.1 port 50213 slots 32 password pass123"
    KAG.exe autostart Scripts/server_autostart.as autoconfig ../autoconfig.cfg

2. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Your autoconfig.cfg is in your KAG Beta folder (main directory). If by some chance you don't have it then run ForceUpdate.bat which is also located in your KAG Beta Folder, this will fetch any missing files and replace them with shiny new ones.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  3. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

forceupdate.bat doesn't create one.

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Delete App/version.txt and launch the game again, or use forceupdate.bat and it should return.

5. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

Both of these do not work, and the config file was never originally there.

6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sorry, it's a little different on windows, you'lll need to configure Base/Scripts/dedicated_autoconfig.gm - there is a readme file included with the game, called "Server_setup_info.txt" here is a snip of it - There is more information also available on the wiki, like a full list of parameters.

Configure your server with these config files:

CONFIG FILE: "Base/Scripts/dedicated_autoconfig.gm"

Some parameters worth considering:

m_width = 290; - map width in tiles
    m_height = 110; - map height
    m_seed = 0; - map random seed
    sv_maxplayers = 32;
    sv_ip = `0`; - assign a specific IP port or leave 0
    sv_port = 50301; - port on which the server listens
    sv_rconpassword = ``; - rcon password for remote admin
    sv_name = `KAG Server`; - the name of your server
    sv_info = `I like Cheese`; - info description which appears in the servers list
    sv_fastdeltas = 0; - 1 means less CPU intensive but more bandwidth intensive

AUTOSTART SCRIPT: "Base/Scripts/dedicated_autostart.gm"

In this file you can specify what map loads on start. To load a specific map use this command:
    LoadMap( "Maps/autosave.png" );
    To generate a random map use this command:
    LoadMap( "" );

This file contains some sane default cycles and rule sets for common modes
    of gameplay, which are easily controlled by swapping the start parameter near
    the top of the file

7. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

I don't have a dedicated_autoconfig.gm for some reason. . .

forceupdate doesn't fix that either.

I have an autostart.as & server_autostart.as

but thanks for the help

8. kaizokuroof

Maybe make sure you have appropriate permissions on the KAG directory, do you get any errors when launching the game normally and what happens when you launch the server without the files needed?

9. Zappierchris

Zappierchris Arsonist

The KAG folder isn't set as read-only and I don't get any errors, The server will launch normally when the files are gone ( but if I remove the autoconfig.cfg it does tell me )

10. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Um. Go to base then go to Scripts. It should be inside there.

11. Proioxis

Proioxis Catapult Fodder

This is the EXACT problem I have, as Zappierchris has.

I've downloaded the beta version (even though I already have the steam version, so why re-download the entire game?) and even that copy does NOT have the files I supposedly need.

-Forceupdate does NOTHING
    -Reinstalling the game does NOTHING
    -Port is forwarded as normal

The game loads fine. The server loads fine without "dedicated_autoconfig.gm" but does NOT retain my options I set in "autoconfig.gm" at all.

I never started with autoconfig.gm in the first place, I had to download that file separately. Otherwise, all I have is "autostart.as" and "server_autostart.as"

I have searched for the files too, both in the search menu and manually going through each folder. It does not exist.

I would like to create my own server.. I don't understand why this is so difficult. Does anybody have a proper answer?

12. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Hi @Proioxis,

Since you'r running the new King Arthur's Gold and not 'classic', you shouldn't need autoconfig.gm. That file was only used in KAG classic. For the new version, on windows you should have a file called autoconfig.cfg in your default directory. It contains many settings that you'll want to change, such as max players, server password, gamemode, etc. Changing those settings (while the server is down) should be able to do what you need.

If this doesn't help, can you upload a screenshot of the filenames contained in your KAG folder (the one that has the App/ Base/ Cache/, etc folders? I'd like to see what's going on there.

You can also join the irc channel by opening the chat in the 'Chat' option at the very top of this page and query me ( type /query jackitch)

13. Miirik

Miirik Catapult Fodder

Hey Jackitch,

I'm having the exact same issue as both of these previous posters so here's a screenshot of my KAG folder and base/scripts. I thought it might be a different install via steam, but with both installs neither an "autoconfig" or "dedicated_autoconfig.gm" is present in the KAG directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Fg8aO

Thanks

14. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Have you tried running the dedicatedserver.bat first as well? I know that in earlier versions the autoconfig file was only created after running the server for the first time. If it doesn't, manually place the file I've attached in the folder and edit its values. Hopefully that'll work for you.

Attached Files:

15. kaizokuroof

Hiya, I don't believe the steam copy gives you all the needed files to run a server, yet. Download a copy from the kag2d.com site and use that to run your server, rather than your steam copy.

Can be downloaded from here: http://kag2d.com/en/download

The file you're after will be in the KAGserv/Base/autoconfig.cfg

16. Miirik

Miirik Catapult Fodder

I'll tried the autoconfig, and prior to posting I tried downloading and installing the game outside of steam and had the exact same issue. I also tried running the dedicatedserver.bat and the forcedupdate file, to no avail. Hopefully the autoconfig you've attached works!

17. Rooslin

Rooslin Catapult Fodder

I had no autoconfig file as well when i first started my server.

the thing that fixed it for me was installing it to the C: drive. if i installed it to another drive then it wouldn't have the autoconfig and a few other files.

18. jake97

jake97 Catapult Fodder

Hey

If you don't have a autoconfig.cfg . You only need to open kag and go to mutiplayer and then it will make automatic a autoconfig.cfg .

kaizokuroof likes this.