1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG LOW PERFORMANCE </3

Discussion in 'Help' started by bout, Feb 12, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Yup I think

2. bout

bout Shark Slayer

If it will work, I'll like all your posts in this thread. 25252525
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 28, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 28, 2014 ---
    Access denied. ::(:

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

You need to be administrator.

4. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I am, also checked "Run as administrator". ._.

5. I'm pretty sure this is an AMD related issue - for a while, my computer struggled pretty badly with KAG. I've got 1.9ghz quad core AMD Vision A8-4500M, and 8GB RAM, an integrated Radeon HD 7640M and a dedicated HD 7610G. KAG dropped to 2-3fps in intense battles, but it was only for a short time before going back up and down again. Processor affinity does help to a degree, but not entirely.

Forgot to add, during this time (approx build ~875 - 1000) alt-tabbing was impossible, because KAG upon receiving focus again would become a garbled mess of graphics, flickering constantly. This seems to be fixed on the more recent builds.

6. hugio88

hugio88 I am the king of KAG! Donator

Maybe lower your windows screen resolution(800x600, as low as possible).

[​IMG]

Than lower your KAG resolution and do fullscreen (640x480).

7. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Can't. I don't own this device.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Ask your mother (?) for a user account set up on the device. Then you can turn off the desktop stuff and change the res if need be without affecting her settings (and also make files etc without filling her desktop/documents with crap, as well as saving passwords into browsers, keeping her bank details safe from you, etc).

9. bout

bout Shark Slayer

She is really "conservative", and when anything goes wrong she blames me for it, so I'd rather don't.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

When you have a separate user there's less that can go wrong than with you using her (presumably administrator) account.

11. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

ok nbow iv also been haveing some problems with lag idk what it is but i cant play any part of kag because of it

my systems specs are: 21.5" multimedia touch monitor with full hd 1080P , AMD athlon || X2 240e dual-core processer. nividia deforce 9200 graphics. 1TB harddrive , 4g ram and win 7 HP

yet im still haveing lag problesm wiht even the mutiplayer menu i know for a fact that its kag thats the problem because i have run servers on it before.
    also the command consul for kag on main menu continues to say
    lag 2
    when i click muti player it says
    lag 5
    game is running too slow, if this is a server set less max playeres sv_maxplayers
    (6)

thais is all i am able to tell you as i have no idea what is doing this

please fix
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2014 ---
    never mind i found a fix for my problem its a strange fix as well...
    downloaded it on steam ans it works fine

12. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

My computer is 14-10 years old, last windows XP, and i run KAG very well, i only lag when theres too much mess and usually when a server is full (or mods, after some mins playing roleplay, it lags) but im happy :D

:r_flex::smug::flex:

Konfitur likes this.
  13. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

Setting priority to high from task manager?

14. NDFighter42

NDFighter42 Shipwright

Hmm... I dunno if this forum is dead, but I am having some lag issues too.
    My PC specs are AMD Fx 6100X OC'd to 3.8ghz, 6 cores
    8 gigs 1600 mhz ram
    GTX 650 1gb
    That's really all that matters in that department, but when I play KAG and get into the large chaotic battles that KAG is known for my fps drops to about 10-15. Idk why this is happening, my PC should handle this game fine

Any help is appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    qpKiller this thingy be pretty

15. NDFighter: it's related to the AMD video driver "ATIOGLXX.DLL". Updating your driver to the latest version might help.

16. NDFighter42

NDFighter42 Shipwright

I don't have an AMD GPU though

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

In Steam, left top, then choose both the update drivers option.

18. It does seem to be an AMD related thing - I've got a Vision A8-4500M, quad core, with AMD Radeon HD 7640M+7610G CrossFire, and I get worse performance on KAG than I do on my old Core 2 Duo with integrated 64MB Intel card.

19. KAG doesn't work with AMD well at all.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Do you have any "Windows Updates" that havent been installed, because im having the same issue and i have about 145 important updates pending on my computer.

I got an Acer Azpire Z5610 with intel core 2 duo CPU E7500 @2.93 ghz

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey