1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Double barreled bow.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kodysch, Nov 25, 2014.

?

Should the triple shot be a double

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. something different.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I suggest that shotgun shot be reduced from 3 arrows to 2 and the charge time be reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds. This would keep the dps of an archer about the same but address the issue of archer arrow spam. Also it would help balance cqc with knights making damage be 1 heart while shielded and 2 while not and make it so archers can't OHK builders. Both arrows would last until there contact with something, one would not dissipate like the peripheries in the shotgun now do. again this would not make more spam as arrow stream would be the same if shot on once second intervals.

TROPICALear5 and Fuzzle like this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I still like the 3 arrow shots. Yes it OHK's a builder but0 sometimes the 3 arrow shots can be good in a cqc. Anyway, 1 heart damage on a shielded knight, thats just bull. I have no idea where I stand on this idea.....

3. kodysch

is it bull? 3 arrows is good in cqc i think too good. look at it from the perspective of a knight. This change would sway the archer away from cqc and more towards traditional roles while still allowing for cqc.

Fuzzle likes this.
  4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Just make all arrows disappear after a while and make that "while" shorter.

kodysch likes this.
  5. So to fight a knight one on one, assuming you're only using shotgun arrow, that would mean you have to overcharge four times?
    There are very few archers who'd be able to dodge a competent knight that long. Triple shotgun gives archers the ability to do more than just plink zero-charge shots at knights and hope they left themselves open.

6. kodysch

That is if the knight is only shielding. if he's not then it takes two. It takes only two charged shot's now, or one if the knight is already hurt, In my experienced opinion that is unbalanced.

7. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

tbh any knight with a decent IQ would know to shield when theirs a hostile archer aiming right at them, and everyone in competitive play knows that, and most people in pubs.

I wish legolas would just come back.

Pharphis and Fuzzle like this.
  8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think the problem with the triple shot is when there are multiple archers. I cannot move forward as a knight unless I have bombs. I get shot down to easily otherwise. I personally find the archer easier to use with the triple shot. I don't think there is anything wrong with it until there's more than one archer

9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

This would make a lot more sense, since knights have doubleslash which regularly does about 2 hearts of dmg. archers should be no different, this would also make knight v. archer a lot more easier......

10. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Make all the arrows disappear and reduce the range AND the arrows penetrate enemies, not shields, like knight's slash.

11. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

"let's just make the archer a melee class that can't use bombs or shield"

Triple shot range is garbage. I think the OP's suggestion is okay but I think reverting to old legolas shot is much better. For example, I think there's little reason to charge a double shot unless you're waiting for enemies to come into view or fighting a shielding knight 1 on 1. It's still a very long charge time for what could instead be spent shooting ~3-4 arrows

12. Personally I like the Archer being a ranged class not a get up in a knights face.

Archers are supposed to be ranged so why add a feature that's primarily used at knight combat distance?

Mods: Rainbows