1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WIP] "Merciless" Texture Pack

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by ArtemNaumov, Jul 25, 2012.

1. ArtemNaumov

ArtemNaumov Builder Stabber

[​IMG]
    Here's my drawing without effects: http://i.imgur.com/VPhyS.jpg
    I will be uploading a demonstration teaser every time I do something new.
    Except it's something idle; then I'll post a screenshot of it instead.
    Progress: 6 of 193 (3,10%)
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "Awww… :) What a cute and furry… !!! WTF IS THIS?! ARGH!" Meet the Zunny.
    [​IMG]
    Updated:
    [​IMG]
    Working bison script by MechaTrickster. I'm very new to this game, but I'll try to code something myself later; won't promise anything, but we'll see.
    "What's there, in the sky? ??? Oh, shit… :(" Meet the Terna.
    [​IMG]
    Updated:
    [​IMG]
    "Look! Who's there? :huh?: Isn't it Mate? :huh?: Yay! :D" Meet the Mate.
    [​IMG]
    "It's not a monster, it's a wrath itself… :(" Meet the Kloth.
    [​IMG]
    "I saw his eyes in the dark and then I understood… This is the end… :skull:" Meet the Sked.
    [​IMG]

2. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I like that greg of yours. :B)::thumbs_up:

3. ArtemNaumov

Thanks! Actually, I want to redraw all game's graphics (if I still will have enough of persistence, heh) and once it will be finished completely, I'll see if I can make a complete mod (scripts, sounds & etc.); it's all a matter of time and spirit! :D
    </br>--- merged: Jul 26, 2012 12:28 PM ---</br>
    Updated. Made a poster. :up:

4. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

+1 for originality. I really like how you have presented it out. Keep up the good work.

5. ArtemNaumov

Thank you, I'll try.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 26, 2012 2:22 PM ---</br>
    Updated. Meet the Sked.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 26, 2012 3:57 PM ---</br>
    Reached the media limit, so, here's another one:
    "Ha! What the hell is this? :D Ouch! It hurts. :(" Meet the Weedo.
    [​IMG]

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You embedded the wrong video for number 6. That's number 5 again.
    I think this is the one you want:
    I especially like the Kloths. They look downright creepy.:thumbs_up:
    And I find it funny how the Zknight is now a bunny, albeit a huge bloodthirsty bunny.

7. FlamingDragon96

Actually, I think the bunny is for the Working Bison mod by MechaTrickster

8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

That's what I thought too, but in the other videos it sounded a lot like a Zknight. But I guess it wouldn't die so easily then.

9. FlamingDragon96

Well that's because the bison doesn't have an official sound so I think Mecha used the Zknight's death. You can notice he's not a ZKnight since he's not grunting like one all the time.

10. ArtemNaumov

Wow, that's weird, because I'm checking everything before posting it. Strange. Maybe browser or forum bug, heh. Thank you for noticing!

I mentioned it's MechaTrickster's script at the end of #1. I checked some codes already, but didn't played a lot with them at moment, will do, but I'll start to configure all monsters when everything else will be done and then it's going to be another thread (for a complete mod, not just texture pack). That totally won't be soon. At first I need to redraw all game's graphics and then I'll need to polish it… Eh, why am I writing about this, it's obvious, lol!

Just keep checking it's progress and we'll see what we'll have so far. I'd love to team up with someone later to make some additional creatures if it's possible (inoffensive things, like flies, birds et cetera).

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I can't say I think very highly of the actual sprite quality, but I'm extremely impressed with the effort put into making the sheer volume of sprites you have here, as well as the amount of effort put into presentation.

I sense great potential in this one.

12. ArtemNaumov

That's because I'm not a pixel artist. :rollseyes: As I wrote before, I'm going to polish them much later, but I want to have a base first (and my pixel art skills can't let me achieve the results I want, yet).

Anyway, thank you for the kind words. :)
    </br>--- merged: Jul 27, 2012 6:28 PM ---</br>
    Just to let you know, tomorrow (28 of july) is my birthday and I'll be taking a drunk break from PC et cetera. So, yea, I'll continue to draw things and update the thread at start of august month. C'ya very soon! By the way, I already did some atmosphere improvements to my texture pack, so, stay tuned!

13. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

Woah talking about productive. :rollseyes: Good work nonetheless!